Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Black President

inspite of all my cynicism about politics, i was deeply moved by Barack Obama's speech last night. what an incredible time!! and i was glad to have had the opportunity to participate by casting my vote. growing up in Kenya, i never voted and never had the opportunity to be a part of something so national. Obama's speech made me believe in a different kind of democracy. the current administration, making democracy its reason for the war, has tainted democracy with so much negativism. Obama's speech made me hope that he would change that.

it was amazing to watch last night, in that one speech, Obama rising from a man to a symbol.

all the experts talk about the hard road ahead and wonder if this man can pull the country together. but if we look at the life Obama has lived, he is the man who can do it.

2 comments:

ErinOrtlund said...

I was wondering what you thought of the Obama win, So-young! I recently did a post on the election, and lots of the commenters are upset about his win--feel free to head over and write something positive forsomebalance!

SL Kim said...

Erin, i read your post and the comments - it's a little daunting to think about leaving my comment there! you have some really upset friends!