Thursday, February 28, 2008

Happy Birthday, Q



this is one of my favourite pictures of my brother, Q, and me. i wanted to share this on Q's birthday. we must be about how old Skye and Claire are now. those days are of course far behind us. Q is now a pastor of a church in Germantown, Philadelphia, as well as teaching at Westminster seminary, as well as father to Amoz (and a second baby on the way), as well as husband to Christe.

happy birthday, Q! i must admit i was a little shocked when i did the math and realized how old you are today, but that's mainly because i still feel like i'm in my twenties!! well, no matter how old we are, i hope we can retain some of that joy this picture shows.

3 comments:

kyuboem said...

Thanks, Sis! Yes, it is true... I'm a decrepit old mzee... But seeing this pic makes me feel pretty young again! We had our whole life ahead of us in the photo, just like Claire, Skye, and Amoz do now. And saying that makes me realize that it's still true, since we're looking forward to life in the new city. So even though we got bounced around a lot in this life, we'll be truly home one day, ready to begin a whole new glorious chapter, carefree and joyous, like these two here.

Anonymous said...

So... this really doesn't look like you Soyoung! But your mother looks a lot like she does now!!
Susie Meg.

SL Kim said...

you don't think it looks like me? but most people agree that Claire looks alot like this picture of me!